Initial inquiries about publication should be made directly to the Publisher at the Peninsula Publishing. Do not send complete manuscripts. Prospectuses should be sent as hard copy to the following address:
26666 Birch Hill Way
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
For computer security reasons, we do not accept email submission of prospectuses.
We recommend that prospectuses include the following:
- A two- or three-page cover letter outlining the manuscript’s argument, general content, significance to the field, fit with existing literature or competition, intended audiences, length, and plans for tables and illustrations.
- A detailed outline of the book
- A sample chapter (optional)
- A curriculum vitae
Peninsula Publishing accepts proposals for four different types of books in the fields of acoustics, sound and vibration:
- Academic books that aspire to make a significant contribution to scholarship in the sound and vibration fields.
- Books for professionals that combine outstanding scholarship with practical application. We accept works in all areas of acoustics.
- Textbooks for graduate and upper-level undergraduate students in all the above disciplines
- Trade books aimed at practical applications in the field.
We encourage you to telephone the publisher to discuss your ideas and proposal before submitting your proposal formally.